Friday, 28 March 2014

This our love!

Somebody nudges me,
I look up in confusion,
There in front of me is a page full of scribbles of your name,
And doodles of your face,
Am sitting in a meeting,
And didn't hear a word anybody said!




It is both insanity and sanity,
This our love!
It is both captivity and freedom,
This our love!

Am carving hearts
In almost all the tree trunks I come across,
Writing Te Amo on the beach sand,
And watch the waves carry the message to you,
I create various portmanteaus with our names
And try out my name with your surname.

Every love song,
Seems to be talking to us,
Seems to have been written for us,
I read the love stories,
We are Romeo and Juliet,
Minus the family feud,
We are Esmeralda and Quasimodo ,
Minus Frollo
We are Othello and Desdemona,
Minus the jealousy and deaths!

It is both insanity and sanity,
This our love!
Setting me free in its captivity,
This our love!

It is both ordinary and extraordinary,
Fragile and strong,
The kind that I don't wanna give up,
The kind I would go to the end of the world and back for!

No comments:

Post a Comment