Monday, 16 March 2015

... these words

... these words I'm afraid to utter,       
 ... they are burning my palate,            
   ... scalding my tongue,                
    ... tried to swallow them back,                   
     ... yet they are scratching the the walls of my throat,                       
       ... punching and kicking the insides of my cheeks,                          
         ... i feel their fingers jabbing at my gum,                               
            ... still  I clench my teeth,                                  
              ... cause I can't let them go,                                       
              ... for if I let them out,                                          
              ... i'd be putting my last card on the table,                                              
             ... and this card is showing red hearts,



                                                    ... i won't be able to unsay them ....

No comments:

Post a Comment