Friday, 19 June 2015

I know you by name,

I know you by name,
No, not by the name your parents gave you,
That’s for other people out there.

I know you by the name I gave you,
I know you by the name I groan and gasp out when you push me to ecstasy and beyond ,
I know you by the name I sleepily mumble during our night calls,
I know you by the name I scream out in mock shock when you grab them groceries.

I know you by the name I have saved your number under my contacts list,
I know you by the name my eyes spell out when I look at you,
I know you by the name the core of my body whispers when I’m in your arms,
I know you by the name I 'absent-mindedly' scribble around the margins of my notebook during meetings.

I know you by the name I laugh out at my highest,
I know you by the name I sob out at my lowest.

I know you by name,
And I am taking this name,
And that which you gave me,
And create a portmanteau,

And by that new name, we would be known!

No comments:

Post a Comment